Wineries of the North Fork of Long Island: A Guide to the Some of the Best Events, August 2023
If you are looking for a relaxing and enjoyable getaway this summer, you might want to consider visiting the wineries of the North Fork of Long Island. This scenic region, located on the easternmost part of New York State, is home to more than 50 vineyards and wineries that produce a variety of wines, from crisp whites to rich reds, and even sparkling wines. Whether you are a wine lover, a foodie, or just looking for some fun and entertainment, you will find something to suit your taste and budget in the North Fork.
To help you plan your trip, we have compiled a list of some of the best events happening in the wineries of the North Fork in August 2023. These events include wine tastings, tours, live music, food pairings, and more. You can also check out the websites of each winery for more information and reservations.
Events by Weekend
- Annual Paella Cookout at Clovis Point Vineyard & Winery: Enjoy a delicious paella cooked by Sangria 71 on the lawn, along with live flamenco music and dancing by Juana Cala and friends. The event starts at noon and the food will be ready between 2-3 PM. Tickets are $65 per person and include a glass of wine. Learn more
- Sunday Brunch Pizza & Mimosas at Sannino Vineyard: Treat yourself to a breakfast pizza and two mimosas for $40 per person at Sannino Vineyard. You can choose from different pizza toppings and mimosa flavors. Reservations are required from 10 AM to 1 PM for brunch. Learn more
- Palate Training 101: Two Truths & a Lie at Suhru Wines: Test your palate and your wine knowledge at this interactive tasting experience at Suhru Wines. You will be presented with three wines and three descriptions, but only one of them is true. Can you tell which one? The event starts at noon and tickets are $50 per person or $30 for wine club members. Learn more
- Long Island Wine Country’s 50th Anniversary Grand Celebration: Celebrate 50 years of winemaking in Long Island with this special event hosted by Long Island Wine Country. You will have the opportunity to taste wines from over 30 wineries, sample local food from artisanal vendors, listen to live music, watch demonstrations, and participate in raffles and auctions. The event will take place at Martha Clara Vineyards from 5 PM to 9 PM. Tickets are $125 per person or $200 for VIP access. Learn more
- Some Like it Hot, We Like it Cool: The White Wine Edition at Sparkling Pointe Vineyards & Winery: Learn about the different styles and flavors of white wines from cool and hot climates at this educational tasting at Sparkling Pointe Vineyards & Winery. You will compare and contrast six white wines from around the world, including Long Island, France, Germany, New Zealand, California, and Australia. The event starts at noon and tickets are $40 per person or $35 for wine club members. Learn more
- Sangria Tuesdays at Pindar Vineyards: Watch the sunset on the deck and patio of Pindar Vineyards while sipping sangria and listening to live music from 5 PM to 9 PM every Tuesday in August. The deck bar will be open, serving wine by the glass and by the bottle. You can also order pizzas from the menu. No reservations are required. Learn more
- Little Ram Oysters Pop-Up at Chronicle Wines: Join Chronicle Wines for a special oyster and wine pairing event on Thursday, August 27th, from 4 PM to 7 PM. Little Ram Oysters, a female-owned oyster company from the North Fork, will be serving their fresh and briny local oysters, along with sauces and garnishes. You can also enjoy Chronicle Wines’ summer wines, such as rosé, sauvignon blanc, and pinot noir. No reservations are required. Learn more